The Belmore Jacket is the latest pattern from Leila and I through Muna and Broad. We’ve been thinking about a lighter-weight layering piece which is perfect for pairing with our existing pattern collection.
As always, Leila has added some great features, which makes for a great sew with great final results- check out my sweet contrast-cuffs!
This is my toile of the pattern, which I decided was far too versatile a fabric not to finish up and make into a ‘wearable toile’!
I’m wearing a full Fabric Store outfit here! My Glebe Pants are heavyweight natural linen, my Waikerie Shirt is Liberty lawn, and my Belmore Jacket is 8oz chambray– all 3 purchased from TFS. Not sponsored- but would be more than happy to receive free liberty fabric and TFS linen in return for continuing as I am.
Fabric Consumption: I buy this 8oz chambray in large amounts, especially when it goes on sale. I’ve been using it to toile pants, with great success. Since I cut this jacket from several pieces of leftovers from pants toiles, I’m not exactly sure how much fabric I used. Leila calculated 2.7m of 150cm wide fabric, and that’s probably spot on (since she knows what she’s doing).
Size details: For my 48″ bust, 57″ high hip and 54″ hip body, I made our sample size, Size F, which aligns with my hip measurement. For my next version, I’ll make Size E , which corresponds to my bust size, the over-sized fit will ensure that there’s plenty of room for my hips.
I did a hong kong bind on the collar seam and also on top of the cuffs, but was too lazy to bind the rest of the internal seams.I like the peek of colour that you get on the cuffs from binding there, and the tidiness of the collar once that’s bound too.