I didn’t bother to brush my hair or tidy my lounge for these pictures- I figured that it was more important to take the photos than to wait for the perfect pictures! This is my first time making the pleated-front Glebe Pants that Leila and I released over at Muna and Broad!
I’m using these pants as a kind of test run for possible future versions- I like that the waistband isn’t gathered in the front here, which makes them look a little bit dressier (business in the front, comfort-party in the back)! These are made from wool and are fully lined, following Leila’s instructions on that front.
I did a lot of pressing with lots of steam to get the seams to sit as flat as possible- often I’m very lazy about such things, but I’m glad I took the time here. The flat-front adds pleats (but I might to the math on how much room I can afford to lose at the waist and see if I can make the flat front without any pleats too)!
Size details: I make the size 1 for my 54-56″ hips and make no alterations (except shortening the pattern so that these are slightly cropped)!
These are the new Sculthorpe Pants that Leila and I have released through Muna and Broad! We’ve been testing out a few different narrow leg pants options because we know that not everyone loves wide-leg pants!
Size details: I make a size 1 in the Muna and Broad sizing (which is meant for a 54″ hip) but I have between a 53-56″ depending on the time of day and how much sun is out, etc)
Fabric info:This viscose blend from The Fabric Store. It has a small amount of one-way stretch and a lovely nubbly texture (that I hope will hold up to lots of thigh rubbing). Fabric Usage: We suggest 2.5 metres for these pants, but I can generally use less by cutting on the open.
These pants have the same crotch curve as the Glebe Pants, so I get the same great fit. The pockets are just long enough to put your hand down in to, but doesn’t require me to bend over to reach in there.
I’ve made a few versions of these pants already, and I’ve got a couple more planned (including a black canvas pair that I’ll be making as part of my next Minerva Makers project)!
We recently launched some bonus long-sleeve pieces to accompany the Torrens Box Top pattern from Muna and Broad. Since our summer hasn’t been particularly warm, I went a little sewing-crazy adding new sleeves of various kinds to my wardrobe!
Rather than post about all of them, I thought that a round-up post might be in order!
I made this black silk noil long sleeve torrens using the ‘wide-sleeve’ option (which was intended for thick fabrics such as boiled wool) and it’s perfect for pushing my sleeves up my arms (in a casual but very comfortable way)! I especially love to pair the top with these Glebe Pants made of lovely olive coloured tencel from A + R Fabrics
This cotton crepe Torrens is my new favourite! I got this fabric as a remnant from Miss Maude Sewing NZ and it’s a really unique fabric (with a lovely crepey texture), which is lovely to wear. I love mustard and checks, so this is a real winner!
Of course, peak Torrens sleeve experimentation includes this top that will be shared on the Minerva maker blog in due course (I slashed and spread the sleeves and added a cuff)!
Sew Family Jammies, hosted by Sew Altered Style is a Christmas blog tour! Keep up with the blog tour and the fun jammies being sewn on Instagram here.
Both pairs of PJs are our Glebe Pants from Muna and Broad, but I’m modelling both here since I’ll have to ship these pants off to my mum!
I used the tour as an excuse to whip myself up some summer pyjama pants! This pair made with thrift-shop batik are pocket-free (because I find the extra fabric to be uncomfortable in bed). This made for an incredibly quick sew!
This winter pair for my mum includes the pockets with a silk lining from an old dressing gown which got threadbare in sections. The inside of the pants are quite fleecy and cosy to wear!
I was trying to be incredibly organised when I cut these out for my mum, who has a slightly smaller hip size than me. Since then, Leila has updated the sizing and I could have cut out a size closer to her actual measurements- oh well!
I didn’t pay any attention at all to pattern matching on either pants, but it’s especially amusing with my batik fabric where I have a bunch flower right in the middle of my left cheek!
Happy Christmas Day to everyone, best wishes for your last minute sewing, other projects and the holidays in general!
Here’s all the links for the previous and future blogs in the Sew Family Jammies Blog Tour!
I found 5 metres of this fabric for $15 at a fabric remnant sale of a Christchurch local clothes shop, and it’s quite creasy, quite light but very comfortable.
I made a size 1 in the Glebe Pants (which is a nice change from relying on positive ease to sneak in to a size chart), even though my ‘seated hip size’ would put me up a size. I didn’t need to add any height at the front or at the back of the rise and find these very comfortable and think they sit perfectly.