Double wine Torrens

This past weekend was a long weekend and I entered peak flow and undertook a cutting-out-and-sewing extravaganza!

I cut out 2 pairs of Glebe Pants (not pictured) and 3 Torrens Box Tops. I’ve had these 2 wine coloured fabrics in my stash waiting to become a Torrens for a while now, and I figured that by making them at the same time I could double up on my topstitching thread!

Wine Torrens-37

Above is blackcurrant linen from TFS and below is boysenberry double gauze from Blackbird Fabrics. Both of the tops are the Torrens with the M&B Patreon Bonus gathered sleeve, which I settled on when I realised I had enough fabric for long-sleeves. The bonus sleeves have generous gathers and are slightly longer to give a blouson over the cuff. I also appreciate that the elastic means I can comfortably shove my sleeves up my arms.

Wine Torrens-11

I made a Size F for both tops even though my bust measurement would put me in a Size E (and my narrow shoulders even lower). For the facing on the double-gauze top I used a different fabric and was very very gentle during construction to ensure I didn’t stretch out the neckline before I managed to attach the facing (double gauze is a jerk which I’ve learnt the hard way).

Wine Torrens-02

I’m hoping the shade will be a hit in my wardrobe (not without evidence since my wine Hyde T-shirts have been in constant rotation since sewing)! I also intend to wash this gauze up and have it extra crinkly to make the most of its lovely texture!

1 comment

Leave a Reply to Linda (ACraftyScrivener) Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *